A brain is a terrible thing to waste

The Hollywood Flakes Book Club was created because I felt my brain slowly mushing out from between my ears. I used to love reading in school and was amazed at the insights my classmates and teachers had into literature that I may not have fully understood when I read it myself. But now that I'm a stay at home mom, I've been spending my kids' naptime lying on the couch with Judy Judy blaring on t.v. and saliva oozing from my mouth. The Book Club will make me read instead.

The club is open to anyone who would like to join, whether I know you or not. You are invited, your friends are invited, and your dog who secretly reads "Wuthering Heights" after everyone else has gone to sleep is invited.

Of course, you can simply view the book group discussion as a guest and not post. But wouldn't you rather register as an official member and share your brilliant insights with us every month?

Although I'll serve as the administrator of the forum, we'll try and keep the book selection and discussion as democratic as possible. Books will be selected based on members' recommendations and polling. Any member is welcome to introduce new topics of discussion each month. We'll try and pick books that are capable of providing good discussion as well as being interesting reads. Every book should stretch our minds a bit farther than its used to.

I hope you'll take me up on my invitation and join us for some lively discussions and friendly socializing each month. Trust me, your brain will thank you for it! Check out the left sidebar for a list of fertile minds who have already joined up.

Click here to view the book club as a guest... or better yet,

Click here to join!

Popular Posts