Overheard

I was at the gym today and overheard a great conversation. There was a woman on a machine a few feet away from me and one of her friends came up to talk.

Woman working out: "Hi! You are looking great."
Skinny Friend: "Thanks, I'm finally get back in shape."
"Oh! You were never fat!"
"Uh.. I just lost 130 pounds."
"Well, I'm from Indiana and a 300 pound person there is considered skinny."

The woman working out must have been 140 pounds or something and she went on to tell her friend about how she had just gotten a role in an upcoming movie called Brothers Solomon. Her role was supposedly a woman who was at least 200 pounds and gets run over by a bus - she didn't know if she was going to end up dying or not. She was going to have to put on a ton of weight starting the next week when shooting started so she was getting in a few workouts while she could. Crazy.

But this is the same town where I asked a cute little 3 year old at the playground if she wanted to be a ballerina when she grew up and she looked at me like I was a moron and said "No - I'm going to be a supermodel." How naive of me. Hollywood, my friends.

Comments

Anonymous said…
speaking of people losing and gaining weight . .. i heard that in order to make before and after pictures for diet commercials, they hire a skinny person and take an "after" picture. then they pay them to gain as much weight as they can - for the "before" picture. i hope they get paid a lot!

Popular Posts