The Human Kazoo At Large

My husband stared at me in amazement. "Honey, I didn't know you could do that!"

Somehow in seven years of marriage, I had never performed my Human Kazoo for Spike. It's a simple stupid human trick I perfected in 8th grade gym class while walking laps around the field with my friend Carmen. We hated having to "exercise" on that crunchy, Texas grass but during our hot rounds, we created something beautiful. The Human Kazoo. Day after day, it got us around the track until Coach let us in for lunch. After we finally graduated to high school, the Human Kazoo's purpose had been met and we moved on to developing new skills like disguising zits and flirting. The Kazoo was forgotten.

I haven't surprised my husband in years. He's heard all my stories times, seen all my party tricks (knunchucks, freaky yoga poses, singing Yankee Doodle Backwards) and is now relieved to just sit back and not be surprised anymore. So when I became the Human Kazoo the other day to distract my two year old from a developing temper tantrum, his jaw dropped.

It felt good, having a trick left in the bag. I'd just assumed at this point that I had no mystique left so it's nice to know that this old gal's still got it. I'm fresh, I'm foxy, and doggone it, I do a heck of a kazoo impression. Who wouldn't want to be married to me?

Since I know you're just dying to hear it, here's a demo and brief instruction so that you too, can kazoo.
(A word to my readers, I'm participating in National Blog Posting Month again this year - NaBloPoMo for your geeks out there - and promise to post at least once a day in November. Hold me to it.)

Comments

Nancy Sabina said…
Ahhh Sarah. How I miss you, you talented, talented lady you.
Love it. And my kids liked it too.
pflower10 said…
That was cool and all but what I want to see are the freaky yoga poses.
The Wiz said…
Oh my gosh. So cool. Can I just say that you have a great hair cut? It looks awsome!
kashurst said…
You are frickin' AMAZING!!! I feel completely inadequate! You are my favorite Benac!
JLJ said…
as soon as the video started my kids came a-flockin' round to see the amazing performance.
LunaMoonbeam said…
Umm....yeah. But your hair looks awesome! Did you get a new 'do?
Amy said…
You are probably the most talented person I've ever seen. I'll keep practicin my kazoo, but right now I feel kind of hopeless.
Sarah said…
Yeah, I went to Supercuts with a picture and a prayer a few weeks ago and she actually did a decent job. Adam is a little miffed that I passed up his haircutting skills this time but I'm just letting him pout it out while I enjoy the do. The sad thing about a good hair cut at Supercuts, is you KNOW you'll never be able to get the same haircut again. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.
Anonymous said…
Ah, the memories of the blessed years of Girls Camp when you made the trek across the country to join us on the East Coast. Some of my favorite songs came from you... Maybe you should do a post about all your silly songs, just so I have them recorded for posterity's sake. (And I love the hair too!)
Sarah said…
Funny you should mention that, Tracie - I wrote a post about camp songs over a year ago. Here it is. Penny knows almost all my camp songs by now. We sing them every night before bed. It's awesome.
Jenny P. said…
wow. don't know what else to say, but wow.
Colleen said…
I used to be able to do the human kazoo, but then I got braces and lost the gap. Darnit, I should've guessed the gap was good for something!

I'm also lovin' the fabulous new 'do.
Jenny said…
You are fearless!
Anonymous said…
It was "Row Your Boat" backwards that made me laugh out loud. Good job!
Anonymous said…
Great post Sarah and BTW, it is not only a great hair cut, but a wonderful girl!!!

Love...Dad

PS It was so nice to talk at length with Penny on the phone on Monday. She is becoming an elequent conversationalist!
Anonymous said…
show us a vid. of your freaky yoga poses.
Anonymous said…
show us a vid. of your freaky yoga poses.

Popular Posts