Night

Night is when I'm a movie star. Night is when the ringer on my phone submits to my will. Night is when no dream is too far to reach. Night is when I am Lord and Emperor of all I survey. Night is when talking to myself is smiled upon. Night is when cookies have no calories. Night is when celebrities come to my t.v. to personally entertain me for hours on end. Night is when I can gaze deep into the skies and study distant galaxies.

Morning is when I'm me again.



A short piece I did for my writing group this month. The group's theme was "night."

Comments

Melia said…
This is wonderful. I agree, night is magnificent. All rules are out the window, they have taken the calories and everything from books to TV is all for me.
Barbaloot said…
How is it that you could write about me without ever having met me? :) I wish I could put words together as well as that-it's really great.
Suzie Petunia said…
No calories? Rock on.
chattypatra said…
I could have written that myself because I feel the same way. Brilliant, and so true. :)
Karen said…
Night is when I crash on the couch and die. And sometimes I whisper sweet accusations at my husband for not carrying me upstairs.

Popular Posts